Q1:Can I enroll anytime?

The enrollment takes place twice a year, in April and October.
April enrollment is a 2-year course and October enrollment is 1and half year course.

Q2:Can I enroll even if I have never studied Japanese before?

In order to apply for student visa through the Immigration, you must learn basic Japanese in your country and must meet the minimum requirement.
 a. Have at least N5 of the new JLPT.
 b. Have passed a Japanese test with a score equivalent to N5 of new JPLT
 c. Have studied at least 200 hours of Japanese (a certificate is necessary)

Q3:Can those living in Japan enroll in your school?

Currently we accept those living in Japan and they will be enrolled in the same 2-year or one-year and half course as the foreign students, but we will have to check your visa status before the enrollment.

Q4:Do I have to attend class everyday?

Yes. It will be hard for you to comprehend the lessons if you are frequently absent.
There is a possiblity that foreign students who do not have at least 90% attendance rate will be denied visa renewal.

Q5:How many hours of classes are there in a day?

There are 2 half day classes, students will be enrolled into either morning (8:40 to 12:00) or afternoon (13:00 to 16:20) class.
Classes will be determined by factors such as levels, and time of enrollment.

Q6:Will classes be given in languages other than Japanese?

No, Japanese will be spoken during all classes and the students are required to ask questions in Japanese. The lessons are taught in standard Japanese. Standard Japanese is also spoken in areas surrounding the school.

Q7:Can you tell me about career guidance?

Academic guidance, which includes individual interview, interview practice, document processing, will be provided. We also offer advice for those who need assistance in career guidance.

Q8:Can I work part-time jobs?

For those with Student Visa who have been issued “Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted Under the Status of Residence previously Granted” are allowed to work 28 hours per week. Make sure you check to see which jobs you can apply for because there are limitations to the activities you are permitted to engage in.

Q9:Are there dormitories available?

We have both male and female dormitories.
The students can use the dormitory kitchen and dining room to cook and eat his/her meals.
Internet is available in both dormitories but all students are responsible for his/her own computer virus protection.
If you plan on bringing electronic equiptments to Japan, please check the voltage difference and bring a voltage converter if necessary. (In Japan, the voltage is 100 and Type A plug is used)

Q10:I hear cost of living in Japan is expensive.
     How expensive is it?

The minumum wage of Aichi prefecture is 1027 yen. (as of October 01, 2023)

     Approximate cost of living

Eggs10 per pack¥200~
Milk1000 ml¥200~
Bread5-6 slices¥160~
Water *500 ml¥110~
Instant noodles1 cup¥120~
Onigiri (rice ball)1¥130~
Train fareMinimum fares for
JR stations near school

 *Tap water is drinkable in Japan

Q11:Is Koubun International a recognized school?

Since its founding in 2009, Koubun International has been selected as a “recognized school” by Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau.
Each year, “Japanese language educational institutions that has been found to be properly managing the attendance of the international students (recognized schools)” are selected by the Immigration Bureau. Some documents that are necessary when submitting application for Certification for Eligibility are omitted if the school has been selected as a recognized school.